If I inspired you, I've done my job!

January 28, 2011

I just want some sunshine


...as you can tell.
Here's another warm and fruity breakfast idea. Please forgive me for using this barley flour in almost everywhere I make these days. I just happened to like it. Plus the novelty of it didn't wear off yet. Just give me another week! It is good for you, after all.
I'll be short today. Studded with tart cranberry gems these muffins are perfect start for a grey winter weekend. And Tutti-Fruitti!

◊◊◊
{7} Cranberry Orange Multigrain Muffins

DRY
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup barley flour
3/4 cup quick oats
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
WET
2 whole eggs beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

+1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
  1. Heat the oven 400°F, line muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners
  2. Combine all DRY ingredients
  3. Mix all the WET ingredients
  4. Beat DRY and WET together until combined (don't over-mix) and fold it cranberries
  5. Fill muffins 2/3 way and bake for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out dry.

~~~
Now, you can use the oranges that you turned bold when collecting the zest for decorating muffins. Peel then and slice across. Put them on each muffin before baking. After, you can sprinkle some granulated sugar or sugar syrup (1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar mixed with 1/4 cup of milk)
You can always substitute barley flour with whole wheat or all purpose flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment