If I inspired you, I've done my job!

May 03, 2011

Earl Pearl Grey

Last Tuesday Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution team hosted a twitter contest for a best smoothie. The timeline was filled with unique healthy and delicious ideas for this frothy concoction each creatively named. I decided to participate and first mix I had in mind was ingredients of my all time favorite drink—Earl Grey tea with pear and bergamot. I called it Pearl Grey Smoothie.

Although I don't have any idea where to find this exotic pear shaped citrus, I still wanted to combine the flavors of this tea, so I combined pear with cardamom, that reminds me of the bergamot some how plus it is used in drinks such as coffee and tea.

Now that I write this I realized, I could have added lime in lieu of bergamot… I'll do it next time!

Anyway, the smoothie came out great! Refreshing and rich as it is mildly sweet from the bosc pear. You know, it would be a perfect morning drink to kill the bad breath. Yogurt have active cultures that kill bad breath bacteria plus cardamom is known to be tough on them as well.

◊◊◊
Pearl Grey Smoothie
Makes 1 16 oz glass
1 cup organic whole yogurt
1 organic bosc pear, peeled, cored and cubed
4-5 cardamom pods, seeds removed and ground
Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth, enjoy!

So wake up and smell the cardamom!

No comments:

Post a Comment