1} Pancake mix:
3 3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tb spoon baking powder
1 Tb spoon baking soda
- Mix WET with an electric mixer in on bowl, mix DRY in a sifter, mix WET and DRY together and beat until incorporated.
- Ladle about a cup of the batter on a hot, non-stick skillet, fry on med-high to prevent burning until it bubbles; flip and fry while cooked through.
- Repeat until you run out of batter. Stack the giant pancakes and make filling.
2} Cream filling:
8 oz heavy/whipping cream
8 oz confectioner's sugar
a drop of red food coloring (if desired)
Whip cream with an electric mixer in a clean bowl until peaks form then, slowly add sugar, continuing to whip and finish up with food coloring. That's all!
- Smear generously strawberry jam on the first pancake, cover with the second one; smear generously whipped cream on top of the second pancake, cover with third; smear generously strawberry jam on the third pancake; cover with the forth, repeat...
- Last pancake should be covered with whipped cream and crowned with sliced strawberries. Keep the cake and/or leftovers in a refrigerator.Many things changed since last year—we finished our kitchen and of course now I have an oven and all, but one thing will come back—this wonderful cake! I'm off to make it!